Monday, February 14, 2005

Socks & wristwarmers


Socks & wristwarmers, originally uploaded by gw.

I have to admit that I didn't actually start the socks whilst in Cornwall, they have, as previously reported, been on the go for a while. But I did finish them. Multi-coloured stripeys are my favourites - I didn't dye these myself, but I could have!!
The wristwarmers are knitted from some lovely yarn spun from a Treenway mix of cashmere, silk and merino, so soft and warm-feeling to the touch. Dead easy, mindless knitting, of course, great for when a passenger in either the car, or the DMIL's sitting room. She rather liked them - I might well do another pair for her, these being sized for me. Garter stitch with a simple yarn-over motif randomly executed. (Me? Follow a set pattern? No chance....)

No comments: