Wednesday, February 16, 2005

One step backward, two steps....?

Oh, not really. Just trying to come up with a witty (hah) caption.

Yesterday, I spent an age writing this wonderful blog entry all about...well, never mind, I'll do it again some time. Yes, that's right, Blogger ate it. Come to think of it, the previous post that happened to was also a stream-of-consciousness deep and meaningful. Maybe this blog has a soul, and is trying to tell me something from time to time.

So, today's effort. I may just have been pointed in the right direction for taking another step forward in the photosaga (thank you for trying, Sara!) I have clicked a few clicks, and will give it a go.

This, should it appear, is a newly finished object. A herringbone, or ndebele rope necklace. The beads are in two shades of purple (plus white size 8s), seemingly a shade quite difficult to capture with the camera, as I tried a few times. And just why they should show up best on my pink bath towel I do not know. It is not a great piece, but I finished it, which is the main thing, thereby learning the technique, which I like. I need to work on the tension, as indeed I do with everything I bead. I think I am afraid of breaking something, whether the thread, beads or me, I am not sure.

So....here we go:

Herringbone necklace


gw

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ta da! Nice necklace too! (I've had 2 chocolates from the Valentine's stash already, at 6:39 a.m.,so I'm effusive!)

Charleen said...

Pretty, pretty! Maybe some day I'll have a necklace to show. Of course, if I just keep the beads in their boxes I won't have to worry about tension either!