Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Lap rug!


Lap rug!, originally uploaded by gw.

It's done! I sat and finished the last few tidyings up whilst chatting with the coven, who gathered chez moi today. And of course, I have managed to photograph it so that immediately centre stage are two dark blue squares together, standing out like the proverbial. It really doesn't show up like that for real! Too dark now to do the photos over again, and not really worth it, anyway. Now I need go away and think about what I have learned from this experience, it's quite a lot. And I need to ponder the design for the crochet waistcoat, oops, no I mean shawl....guess what, I'm at it again.
But for the moment, I am going to enjoy my thick, warm, cushy* lap rug.
*When I was a kid, growing up in rural Norfolk, "cushies" were sweeties. I've never heard the word since. Don't know the origin of it. If anyone out there also knows of it........

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yay for an FO! Have no idea where *cushies* came from but I like your gwankie.

Charleen said...

Lovely. The border is great! Did you spin it?