Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Madder and madder

'Ecky thump, a glass of wine and a plate of fish and chips and dear old grannyw loses the plot.......

Various elements, including a snowy day, a dying car and a LOT of ironing made me feel that cooking supper was not a good choice for me tonight. So I importuned Sir, and dragged him off to the boozer. I must be tired, two teeny weeny little glasses of Chilean merlot and I'm all over the place.

Apart from the dratted ironing, enough to drive anyone to drink, I have today knitted several more inches of The Shawl, of which, more discourse in a subsequent entry, and decided that I desperately need a bead necklace in black and bone, involving crystals. And that I should do one similar for my oldest mate, whose third hen night I am not going to be able to attend in June. Yes, third. Third nuptuals, third husband. No further words on this shall pass my lips.

For now.

Howsumdever. Amongst the ironing was this silk scarf, an experiment. I had several madder residues from classes last summer hanging around, and I stuffed various things in to them and left them alone. To the elements, I might add, they really did freeze once or twice. Which might explain the lack of conspicuous success with this experiment? Where did all the madder red go? All I seem to have is a yellowy peach. Tant pis, I learnt something, that's what matters!!

madder?

I'm not at all sure that the colour is going to come out right, but can't tell at this point. Let's give it a go.

It is, by the way, a beautiful night, clear, with a full moon and a gentle frost. They are threatening us with a lot of snow overnight, but I don't believe it. Watch this space.

gw

1 comment:

Charleen said...

Sounds like a fun day, especially dinner!

We're waiting for some snow to arrive too.