Monday, February 14, 2005

Kite shawl


Kite shawl, originally uploaded by gw.

Not a new piece, this. It would have been blogged earlier, but.......
The fibre is "Parrots", some of Rovings Polwarth, and I love it - I want to get some more some time, if I can think what to do with it. I spun it S and then crocheted this entirely without a pattern although I did have the idea of a Chinese kite in my mind, heaven alone knows why. I rather like the end result, although it has been described as "wearable art" somewhat in the manner of "oh my god, what the hell is that, but I'd better be polite". H'mm. Looking at this again, I am thinking larger, and pillar box red.....

2 comments:

Sara said...

Lovely! Nice, colorful and warm. How long are the *tails*?

Charleen said...

Gorgeous! At first glance, I thought you were calling your shawl Parrot. The colors are so tropical. I'm assuming you crocheted the singles, right? No mudding up of colors.