Friday, January 12, 2007

Music hath charms

By all the whatevers. I feel as if it is three o'clock in the morning and I am three quarters of the way down a bottle of Jamiesons, but stone cold sober with it.

In point of fact, it is one fifteen, I'm just about to go get lunch, and I have been clearing out the workroom because my current stuff was slippin' and a'slidin' all over the place. Plus I have lost some glitzy threads that I really do need (and still haven't found.)

So why?

I put on a Clancy Brothers cd, that's why. Seductive melodies that sing of loss and love, of roving far from home and nostalgia for it, of the joys of the whiskey and the carefree life. Sure, my bag was nearly packed and me half way out of the door before I remembered that I was actually meant to be emptying the Dyson's cylinder.

So, is there a journey still to be had within these now clean and organised four walls? There ain't no whisky, but that is probably a good thing!

By the way, has anyone ever seen this? I saw it so long ago that I can't remember anything about it other than that I loved it. Mind you, I was a teenager and student at the time.....

I return you &etc.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, I have always liked the Clancy Brothers, and can sing along with abandon. All my recordings are albums though, and no turntable in sight. I'll have to look for cd's.