Thursday, March 16, 2006

Boo-p boo-p de loop

Boucle

OK, I take it back. I can do a boucle, and I even quite enjoyed doing it. This may be because I actually sat down with instructions written out beside me and went through each stage checking as I did so. Instead of relying on memory, as usual. This does actually look more like barbed wire in the photo, but isn't too bad in the flesh. I would like it with smaller loops, to be a more delicate yarn overall in fact. And I have a yearning for some beads in there somewhere. Whether or not I will ever do this, I do not know. But at least I now feel justified in setting off tomorrow with the intention of teaching others how to spin fancy yarns.

I did some inlays, too, with some left over yarn snippets, but am still not convinced about that one. Mohair tufts are nicer. If I do a half-way decent attempt, I'll photograph it, but don't hold your breath.

We have snow again today, in fact it has been snowing all morning and part of the afternoon and not one flake that I can see has settled. This may be because it is horizontal or upwardly mobile snow. Didn't know it was supposed to do that. Grey and cold out there. I feel deep sorrow for my poor tulips, bravely trying to get their noses above ground. We are being threatened with significant falls overnight. The trusty 4x4 may have to do its stuff.

My fridge is presenting me with a motley collection of possible ingredients for tonight's supper, and as there are two large aubergines in the mix, I feel a moussaka coming on. Might be mediterranean in influence, but just the job in temps like this - cinnamon, mmmmmm.

No comments: