Sunday, March 12, 2006

Blizzard

They maybe did forecast snow, but I didn't believe them. Silly me.

snow

This is a view of our eccentric garden.

snow

And down the meadow.

snow

I took all these through the windows, there was no way I was going out in it. It continued snowing for hours after these were taken, right through a rather boozy lunch with a friend, who the DSM had to go down the road to pick up in my Suzuki because we didn't want to risk regular drive. Even so, it was a bit exciting, I gather. My excuse for not going was that I had lunch to prepare, which was a cheat as we were having loads of crudites to represent the healthy bit along with dips and salsa and chips...(looking a bit shamefaced after all the diatribes about real food. Still, maybe wine counts?

It has been really cold, too - got the heating turned up, an extra layer on and the wood stove lit. In fact, I'm about to go off down there and sit and spin by it, with a nice cup of tea.

Maybe a bead FO tomorrow!

No comments: