Thursday, September 02, 2004

Back...In more senses than one

By which I mean that my dam' back is still playing up a bit, not helped by the slab of granite our holiday cottage owners laughingly called a bed. The shower was a bit approximate, too. And it rained nearly all the time. Oh, well, nice to see DMIL, and we went to some good pubs, including the Lanlivery one I have been wanting to get to for ages, and it was very good.

And now we are home, and after a funny couple of days, the weather has settled for a bit into lovely sunshine. Better late than never, to post yet another cliche (makes mental note to Do Better.)

I have finished a bag, apart from throwing it through the washing machine. It looks quite nice, although the moss stitch border at the top is as yet a bit bulbous and floppy. Hopefully a mild felting will improve that. It is, none the less aFinished Object. The black hole is still on the needles with miles to go, but I do have ideas for it, and will finish it. And I have started a smaller knitted "thing" to be entitled "Madder&Madder".

Apart from that, a successful dyeing day with Janet on Monday, which inspired me to do some more yesterday, for a "Chinese kite" coat or waistcoat or shawl. Still have the indigo part of that project to do. And then I am going to dye the silk I bought at The Skep just before going away. Not sure what that will be for, although it would be nice for it to be "stock" should I ever get a website! Might try eBay, I suppose....

gw

No comments: