Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Monday is washing day

And indeed is about to be ironing, too. But I suddenly felt it was much more important to catch up the last three days worth of happenings here. Goddess knows why!

Three busy days. Friday was teaching, which meant the topic with the regular class - design boards; the subsidiary topic, in this case sorting a fleece; and one total beginner and three improvers alongside the experienced regular attenders. All went swimmingly, apart from the novice, who seems to be my first failure, in that she did not spin a length of yarn by the end of the day. After lots of successes, I am not going to beat myself up, I just felt sorry for her, but I as yet have no clue what the problem was. Maybe I need to seek advice, as I do hope she will give it at least one more try. But that made the day very tiring, juggling all those balls!

Saturday was a trip to York to see Mama, and then to Leeds for the opera. Only....It didn't go quite like that! We had, fortunately, reached the back gate of Connaught Court, in a queue of slow moving traffic, when the engine just cut out. To cut it all short, the AA turned up very promptly, the sun was shining, and as we were at the back gate, I phoned herself and she scootered down to the back gate for a chat and for me to hand over the things I had as instructed, bought her (choosing lipstick for one's ma is seriously weird, let me tell you!) But it was the fuel pump and unrepairable roadside, so we got a tow to the AA garage and then the guy very kindly gave us a lift to the station. We cancelled the opera, could face chasing off for a train afterwards. So had a takeaway curry - I think someone's hand had slipped with the red food colouring, but tasted ok!

Sunday, and fibre at last! Demonstrating in Bradford, quite good, but it's getting a little old for me, I have been asked about Sleeping Beauty one time too many I think. But it meant I got a lot of spinning done, Freyalyn's dyed roving - I spun the blue-green one very fine, I'm going to make a beaded yarn for the next AH class; and the vivid orange and magenta I fell in love with. That is being spun as a fairly chunky single, S, to crochet. Probably a waistcoat, but I'm not sure yet. Then, in the evening, we started on bagging up the Rovings fibre. It is gorgeous - of course. I would love to sell it, love to get to keep it - so that's ok, then.

OK, pedestrian as all get out, but that's me for the last few days. I need some serious creative time - apart from anything else, I must get going on Pennie's birthday ensemble - I ordered some more black beads online today - it seemed to work, yeah!! Except, could be dangerous....

And so to ironing......



No comments: