Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Time to get cracking with the packing

(Why do these stupid catchphrases stick in the mind so?) However, it is true that I should be packing, not blogging, but hey, what the hell. I am a grown-up and can do what I like!

So far today I have: printed off the various directions for places/people we want to visit whilst away; captured and taken the mogs up to the cattery, involving loss of dignity and some discomfort to all parties; posted off my application to teach at Convergence 2006 (which will not be successful, but nothing venture nothing gain, and I can just keep sending it in every two years...); seen a dentist person whose only suggestion was to take double the dose of the same antibiotic (and having considered it very carefully, I have decided to try that, but to stop immediately if there are any side effects); potted on some woad seedlings (!!!Amazing!!); found a few silly odds and ends likely to be forgotten like bottle opener, scissors, needles; started some spinning on the new Kundert spindle; cleared off plenty of Lendrum bobbins; made a huge pot of veggie and barley soup using as many bits from the fridge as possible; given what didn't go in to the soup to Heather; downloaded a book from Audible; and phoned my mother (sigh).

I am exhausted just reading that! Actually, sheds some light on The Problem - too many little bitty things that don't hang coherently together. But that is another story, methinks.

I am anxious (very) about going away, simply and solely because of the tooth/antibiotic situation. Other than that, I am excited about going to SOAR and seeing friends; also having a bit more sunlight around, all the usual things. It will be good. It will be good.

One of the reasons for blogging was to concentrate the mind - on lots of things, not just fibre projects. I think it is working. Today's ruminations centre on "well, what DO you want, then?" And chopping up the veggies for the soup, I knew I wanted that - a pot of good soup for supper, no hassles, just good and simple. Time to read good books, and to spin good yarn. To make a few simple but pleasing "things". Friends to chat with. Fresh air, sunshine and frost on the fallen leaves.

Oh, dear, now I am getting way to demanding and fanciful! I had better go, put this to bed for a couple of weeks, pack, spend a little time spinning. I am struggling with some rather compacted cashmere, but I hope it will make a beautiful yarn eventually. It will need dyeing, and will be a challenge to come up with the right colour.

But that is another story.

Oh - and you will notice that there are still no photographs. The battle continues (Why is nothing EVER simple?) I am attempting to get sense out of blogger help, now there's a task......
When I get back, refreshed, renewed, restored......yeah, right.

gw

No comments: