Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I survived the weekend

Serious applications of a red wine mouthwash seemed to help the abscess, although the dentist today was not convinced. Seemingly the diminution of agony &etc was not due to that but the type of abscess it is. Regardless, a tooth must go. He says. I am going to keep my fingers crossed, but we shall see. Antibiotics for ten days, off just in time to start drinking (in my usual moderate fashion) at SOAR.
Enough of such gruesomeness.
Guild on Saturday was much nicer than usual. A very good speaker, but I didn't do her pm workshop, just sat spinning. Sold appreciable quantities of the Rovings fibre, much to my amazement. So much so that I think it will be worth asking Francine if she will consider doing again. Once a year would be enough, but if it works like it seems to, why not, eh?
My last year's consignment for me has now been spun and washed and dried, and I started sampling. Crochet was a definite no-no, so I cast on for a knitted strip which looked so much better, and right size of needles first go so I am just going with it. I know I want the waistcoat to be constructed from strips of varying width and length, so I thought I might just as well get stuck in and see where it lead. I could even probably manage it on the plane. I would imagine wooden knitting needles will get on ok.
No success with photographs as yet. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or even if it is actually me - I keep getting an error message. So I might have to uninstall the software and try again. I will get it right one of these days!!

gw

No comments: