Friday, September 10, 2004

The weatherperson said.....

...That it would be a glorious day today. However, if you bothered to look at the map, that, as usual, only meant the south of England. AsUsual. Humph.
Actually, this morning until about eleven WAS glorious, a little autumnal - its funny how the light changes - but warm and sunny. And then a line of dark cloud blew up, and gradually the rain started, and has kept it up all afternoon.

However - and not to be Pollyanna-ish - it meant that I could, when a bit of time opened up, sit down under the lamp with my beads and not feel that I could and ought to be outdoors. So, I did, and oh, boy, did I enjoy it. What IS the magic of beads? I find beading hugely creative, and also, let's be honest, I love the OTT glittery effects you can so easily create. Spinning used to be more like that for me; I still love it, and can't yet foresee the time when I would want to stop, but beading, I suppose, is as yet the undiscovered country, the uncharted territory

Later...Much much later. Three days to be precise, but I might as well leave in my earlier draft. Where does the time go?????? Well, sometimes, like now, I know but ain't gonna share. So there.
OK, so just time for a quick post. I have been spinning. The Amethyst Polwarth from Rovings from last year's SOAR market. It is lovely, but not the easiest to spin, it has got a bit compacted, I think. The idea is to put it together with previous batches of loosely related colourways and do a vest. We shall see.
I also spent a little time back with the Black Hole. I really am going to finish it, if nothing else it might get the business of knitted sculpture out of my head. But today was final last-minute preparation for tomorrow's class. I now have what can just about be called a "design" or "mood" board, and indeed, I may even have a project out of it. Depends whether or not knitting in the round allows the bias of stocking stitch singles in both S and Z to show. I am going to have to sample, dammit! And, I finished the handout all about sorting a fleece. I suppose I practice what I preach - I do write a mean handout, though!
And the final news for today is that it looks as though I have a workshop booking for next year, the first. The funny thing is, it is for Mid Lancs, talk about right back where I started from! But it will be nice to visit, and see if the lunches are as good as they used to be - I'm sure they are! I am not certain yet if it is to be natural dyeing or improving spinning. I guess I hope the latter - but it doesn't really matter.
Time to go to bed - seeing as how the felines had me up at 6 along with the master this am, cleaning up - in my case - after he had rescued a rabbit from the downstairs loo where it had gone to ground. Sounds as though it might have survived - hope so.
Oh - and today was the second of two really lovely days weatherwise. Seemingly, that's all we get. Ah well.
G'night.

No comments: