Saturday, September 18, 2004

Oh, f..........

I tried very, very hard to convince myself that it was nothing at all, but.......I can no longer deny that I have toothache and that it Means Something. In fact, I think I have a mega abcess. Poot.
It's around the area of the tooth that I had the super-adhesive filling in three months ago - perhaps I can blame this all on the dentist and not have to pay massive amounts to get it sorted out. Anyway, I have an appointment for Monday, and so have to survive the weekend with the aid of pain kelliers and not worrying too much about possible outcomes. I so rarely have anything much wrong with my teeth, being a good girl and brushing, flossing &etc, it seems unfair. Assuming that I totally ignore the permanent condition of my gums, of course - but we won't go there. Plus, it needs to be sorted out before we go away, because it would count as a pre-existing condition and not be covered by insurance. Basically - oh, buggrit!

So, nice absorbing and soothing activities to distract me! I have finished the fluffy grey scarf - I got several inches done last night at The Coven - all done bar weaving in the two ends, anyway. And I have also finished plying the spindle spun red, blue and yellow roving. What to do with it? Who knows, probably a hat, as I am, as I said, wanting to try crochet hat patterns.

Just at the moment, I am wrestling with myself about the mini-mountain of Rovings colours that I have to hand. I was going to knit a waistcoat, but am being seduced by the notion of the shawl in Knitters, the one that fastens with buttons. It is only a very basic garter stitch triangle, but looks as though it might be a nice compromise for a poncho, which, as we (most of us) agreed last night, do not sit well on those of an ample....amplitude. I.e. big boobs! What was it - belle poitrine, much nicer! Given that I might find that I have huge amounts of Rovings to spin up if I don't manage to sell all that I ordered, and that these are closely related colourwise, so the shawl wouldn't look too STRIPED, which would be hideously naff...I might just succumb. It is such an idiot-proof project that I could even have it done by SOAR.

And speaking of which, I need to start getting organise. Somewhere, I have the wool noils and whatever that Margaret gave me that I want to take to use on the vessel I make. I am still considering using natural shades, with natural coloured embellishment. It would make a change from purple. Or teal.

OK. Now I am inspired to attempt to upload an image, so hold on to your hats. Nothing spectacular, just what I can find already uploaded on to the pc.

Well, that failed. Not my fault. Some glitch with Hello. Back to the drawing board, and watch this space.

gw

No comments: