Monday, October 22, 2007

One red leaf

Today dawned not one of my better days. Not so surprising, we are once again deserted by the sun. And I am, after all....well, me. It is, these days, all dealable with.

One of the ways of dealing was to finally take this photograph, which would have been better done on one of the bright, sunny days, but what the heck.

This is on the elder tree where there are usually so many birds that we watch from the bedroom window. Elders are not usually in the least interesting in autumn, the leaves simple go yellowish and quickly blow away in any wind. I have no idea why there is just this one red leaf. But I have been enjoying it for days, the colour is so rich and jewel-like.

one red leaf 2

One of the small pleasures that we all need in life.

No comments: