Sunday, February 11, 2007

ODTAA

I.....
BOING....
am finally.......
KERANG....
well and truly......THUD......
pissed off........
THUDTHUDTHUD

And that is the sound of me banging my head against the proverbial brick wall, well, it would be brick if there were any around here, but as not it is Millstone Grit which is perhaps even harder......
and I don't care!

OK, you can come out from behind the sofa now, I'm calming down. A large glass of sherry helped. Part of the problem is that what I really want to be doing is banging the DSM's head against the proverbial, and of course I can't because - we all know because what, and I wouldn't do it anyway being an essentially non-violent sort of a chap, only prone to beating myself up.......

What? Oh. Didn't I say?

A dirty great chunk of the kitchen ceiling just fell down.

I had realised that there was something amiss with the shower ages ago and had mentioned it. A time or two. Then He saw water appearing where water didn't oughter be, and thought, h'mm should really. Of course everything went rather pearshaped around here for a while, and we had recently attempted to find someone to look at the tiles in the shower, the probable cause of the problem.

But it was all Too Late.

Oh, well, it is only quite a small bit of the kitchen ceiling, and over the cupboards, so isn't too glaring obvious and revolting, but it is all getting a bit last strawish around these parts.

It is therefore no great surprise that I am following the scattershot approach to fibre work at the moment, can't seem to concentrate on anything. But I am spinning and I am knitting (allegedly) which is several steps forward. The (allegedly) refers to my having been grabbed by the notion that I wanted to knit another boa scarf using a lovely collection of odd balls of yarn collected over a year or three, which I started yesterday. Then looked at and decided that it didn't look quite right, so pulled out and instead of doing what would have been sensible and rewinding all the balls individually, did a sort of conglomeration. And now have a lovely tangle and have had to riiiip again and enlist the aid of the DSM to get me untangled....

Still, I reckon he owes me a little bit (ahem).

I need to get a grip.

1 comment:

Sara said...

oof. The sky really is falling. Bad things happen in threes? (Or have we gone beyond that already?)