Friday, August 11, 2006

Post

Brilliant subject line, eh? We shall see.....

Yesterday, the Coven came to lunch. I did the savoury stuff, fed them on my favourite goodies - poached fresh salmon, smoked salmon, an asparagus quiche made with my own fair hands fresh that morning, salad, homemade potato salad from a new an interesting recipe (no time now), Kettle chips, really nice cheeses and olive bread made by the DSM. Oh, and Prosecco. Nanny Ogg made a luscious Guinness chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, and there was a really nice trifle.

We sat and knitted, talked, spun and ate and drank. Were very silly, and laughed a lot. The only thing wrong was that the Fabulous Freyalynn was missing, stuck at home with her head in a bucket. (Don't ask - get well soon!) By the time the DSM arrived home at 5pm to be a taxi service, we were mellow. Lovely day.

The dear things gave me these:

beady goodies

Very pretty beady goodies, hours of fun and enjoyment. That's what I call a present!

OK. He's at home again today, but not for work. We're off on a Grand Day Out. Which might be the clue?

Yup. Nearly the end of this on-going saga.

Off to see what's in the.....

Post.

Happy Birthday to me - only I'll spare myself the singing!

4 comments:

Freyalyn said...

I was utterly disgusted with myself yesterday, as my illness was completely self-inflicted through simple stupidity. I wasn't even upright until midafternoon. And look what a nice day I missed! I'm so glad a good time was had by everyone else though. Glad you like the beads - I'm going back there soon now Liz has corrupted me.

Cathy said...

Happy birth month to another Leo! Looks like you celebrated wonderfully.

kimd said...

Hippo birdy to you!!!

(I know this showed up on those cards with the fat fuzzy cats back in the 90's (spacing on the name of the artist - Boynton?), but it's what my then 2 1/2 year old said to his brother 9 years ago when he turned 6, and it has been a family tradition ever since.)

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday!