Sunday, October 30, 2005

Rollercoaster

And I really would like to get off...is it just too much to ask for a slightly less choppy sea, or even an unmixed metaphor?

The recovering cat took a step or two backwards. I am trying to persuade myself/him that he is suffering from post-illness depression. You just never know with siamese. If no improvement in the next couple of days, I'm threatening another trip to the vet, that might do the trick.

Then, I get the phonecall from the residential home wherein resides the mater. On a routine visit to the GP she has described her latest funny turn and they diagnose a heart attack and send her off in an ambulance to hospital. Again. I spend the next several hours trying to establish a) her whereabouts and b) her condition. Go to bed planning early morning dashes to her bedside. Only I do track her down first thing the next morning,, and she is as chirpy as can be, obviously not in any danger from a dodgy ticker as she is not on CCU, and indeed is about to be sent home. (The surgery is literally only a few yards away from her residence, and I imagine that they are finalising plans to move as I write, as there is not room for an entire complement of doctors, nurses, receptionists and mama as a permanent resident)

You would think that after all these years, I would know. But of course, she is now, despite her best Canute-like efforts, an elderly lady, and of course the next time could be The Time. I am not actually a total heartless bitch, I do feel enormous sympathy for her, I just wish she would take up another hobby....

So, we revise our plans for Saturday and head east not west to visit and to see what gladrags we can find for the posh dinner next month. Amazingly, we were both successful, both soon to be tricked out in basic black with the addition in my case of a black/blue/green devore jacket. All it needs is a beaded necklace to complete the ensemble...in progress as we speak. Basically the same design as the kit one that I have not quite finished, using, in an amazing coincidental sort of way, some of the extra pearls I bought last weekend. Seeing the DSM in a dj after all these years is quite a revelation, too. Sigh.

In between whiles, I do the class on crochet, lovely day, all had a good time. I also spent some time with them discussing the programme for the next few months and was very pleased at their enthusiastic responses and suggestions. Suggesting to me that things are going ok. So now I need to buckle down to arranging the programme, and devising the material for the so far one off Uni class. Finishing two necklaces (and maybe a bracelet) and confusing the cat.

No comments: