Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Eddys in the space-time continuum

I'm not at my best at the moment. I get like that sometimes, I'll get over it. I'm trying not to bite if prodded.

Probably, re-reading "The Time Traveller's Wife" doesn't help. Or listening to this. I wasn't sure about it, then my attention was caught by "She cooked up some eggs, then she made some tea, kissed me on the cheek, then I turned on her tv" Somehow, after that, it all fell in to place. We are all old geezers now.

I think that dislocation is my perennial curse. I went to the local beading group last night, nice people, I shall go again, I can learn something and it is always good to be around those who share ones mad enthusiasms. But as I introduced myself, I saw the reaction, just for a fleeting second. The accent. Marks me out. We all have our markers. Yes, it is everyone else's problem, not mine, if you care to put it like that. Just doesn't always feel like that.

However, power ironing is always a useful antidote to the megrims. Got behind again, what with the terminal lurgy, and, and. Well, I suppose basically I just hate doing it, any of it, so whatever excuse comes to mind.

Now a few minutes here, and a few more beading before the next burst of domesticity. Yes, it is one of those days. I will soon have an FO, and therefore some pictures. Otherwise, I am spinning a bit and that is all. Perhaps that is what is wrong, eh?

Oh, I forgot. Went to see "Pride and Prejudice". Very pretty. Quite good, actually, and Matthew McFadyean was much better as Darcy than I had thought he might be. As was Keira Knightley as Lizzie, although I still can't quite get my head around a Knightley playing a Bennett......

Maybe that is what I need - a good dose of the Austens.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... accent marked you OUT? I love accents! I admit to having favorites, but almost antyhing other than a flat midwestern ... well... flat thing is good by me. I'll sit next to you just to hear you talk!

(wow, a word w/o a q to prove I'm a person not a bot. I didn't know that was possible.)

Freyalyn said...

I took Ma to see P&P on Monday evening. I thought much the same thing. In fact, I had a very Lizzie reaction to Darcy - didn't like him at first, could have taken him home by the end of the movie.

And it's "Eddy's in the Space-Time Continuum". Eddy causes most of the problems round here.