Thursday, November 17, 2005

On a cold and frosty morning

Yes, it really, really is. It is a beautiful morning, bright sun and cold, hard frost, ye-hah! Just what it should be at this time of year. I had to do the household trick of throwing warm water on to the car windows to remove the ice. I am not allowed to use de-icing spray on the grounds of being unecological, which I do mostly agree with. However on the very rare occasions when the frost is very hard, this method just causes even more solid ice to instantly form. Doesn't often happen these days, though....

Anyhow....I am about to disappear for a few days to live it up in the fleshpots of Cambridge. If nothing else, I shall enjoy spending time with my oldest friend. Not sure about the rest - we shall have to see. I doubt, sadly, that I will be able to take any photos, unless I can sneak my mobile phone in and use it in silent mode without being apprehended. (Then, of course, I have to work out how to get the image off the phone and into the computer...)

We had been intending to go to Norfolk for a couple of nights as well, but changed that plan for a reason or two. Instead, we are going to drive home by a slightly different route which will take us past the two pubs that my parents ran when I was an infant. These I will photograph. I have seen them since those olden days, but not for a few years. It will be interesting.

So, I had to capture the felines this morning. I never do understand how they know. I can waffle about going "hello birds, hello sky", never a mention of prison or cat boxes, and at the last minute they can sneak off and hide somewhere. Not too bad this time, Neelix simply wiggled in to the quilt and Max was fossicking about downstairs and proved to be quite grabbable. On the drive up to the cattery, they went totally silent after prolonged shouting. Eventually, I spoke to them, and one of the most endearing things about siamese is the way they talk to you. Two resigned voices from the rear of the car answered my queries.

Aaaw.

No comments: