Friday, October 14, 2005

Yuck - and not yuck

The second dye job - fewer white bits, the smooshing (nearly) worked. Colour more evenly distributed (is that the right word? Doesn't seem so) throughout the roving, and seemingly no/minimal felting. So far so ok. But remind me never, ever to use Gaywool Wattle Bark again. My poor roving looks like a robin that has flown way to near the Sellafield cooling towers. Who would ever have thought of dayglo brown?

I probably shouldn't say things like that - nothing wrong with the colour, it's the dyer. That's better, no risk of legal action, just me telling the world what a lousy dyer I am, again. Situation normal. Anyway, the DSM came home early enough to see it in natural light and said that he liked it, and would use it if I didn't, so someone thinks it acceptable. Wonder if he has a greater degree of male colour-impaired vision than I had realised? He often labours under the illusion that what we are looking at is green when it is really blue (or vice versa), so maybe he can't tell dayglo brown from....any other more attractive shade. Or maybe he was just being kind?

But this is better.

crochet scarf

The Optim yarn found a good home. All part of the preparation for the crochet class. It is a modified version of the frilly scarf on the cover of the Interweave crochet mag, I thought that a corkscrew effect would look better than just a frill in this particular yarn, and I was right. It was a lengthy process - took me an hour or more a day plus two coven evenings over just a little more than a week. When you get to doubling up stitches, it makes for a very long row. I am going to continue the crochet investigations. More beaded bags upcoming (I just can't help myself.)

No comments: