Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Design problems

I am sure that I have twined on much about my inability to design anything. Sometimes things work, sometimes they do not - any pre-planning, design, whatever you like to call it is purely accidental. It is a botherment.

And now, I have this -

latest yarn

This being the large pile of grey Falklands tops plus a little bit of coloured stuff (and I do actually have another such, different colour, if it seems necessary, assuming I can find it. It is in my workroom somewhere.......) I was originally thinking sweater, in fact I blogged as such a while back. But the more I mull it over, the more I think that a jacket would be a good thing. I have been racking my poor ancient brain to try to squirrel out what I am after, and not really getting there. However, it suddenly has occurred to me that rather than angsting over it here until driving myself and anyone else who drops by totally insane, that maybe I should spend an afternoon with that large, festering pile of knitting magazines that I have, also somewhere in my workroom, and I do know in which approximate area which is more than I do for the yarn....

So there again we have the power of the blogging process. This was intended to be a post in which I tried to calmly (yes!) go through all the things that I have difficulty with, can't do, angst about, etcblergh. Yes, this was intended to be purposeful - if I did it step by step, maybe I would see a way out. But instead, a plan comes fully formed, as far as it goes - find a design that I like in a magazine and then attempt to adapt it to my particular circumstances....d'er.

Might I actually turn in to a fully-fledged adult one day?

No comments: