Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I've got my shawl to keep me warm

And it's a bloody good job, too. It's freezing here, today. It is the first of June and I have just caved and put the central heating on. It's cold, grey and pouring with rain. I want to go back here:

Gite

This is a distant view of the gite we stayed in, not the most exciting view in the world, but look! You can see blue sky! And have to know that it is warmer than Midgehole!

I don't have a photo of the shawl. It's the orangey one, just finished (almost - couple of ends need darning in) It looks very nice, large and snuggly. No wonder I keep on knitting shawls, in this damn climate. By which I mean that I have immediately cast on another simple one, but this time of some commercial yarn that I bought at SOAR last year, and it will be purely decorative. Yes, I'll do some photos - and finishing sorting out the French ones - sometime, asap, whatever. But I'm playing Ms Efficiency and getting some actual work done, article and workshop proposals and such. I have finished the green bracelet, too, so I am actually quite pleased with myself. Shows the benefit of a nice relaxing WARM holiday.

I have also put some more stuff up on ebay - spent a bit of time yesterday morning after discussing the book at the Tuesday morning book group just chatting, and another woman there was a mad keen ebayer, so I got all enthused again. Besides, some money would be useful! I only do this at a trickle, but it is surprising how it mounts up. One of the pleasures of discovering this Book Group is how many other shared interests we have. It is a small and fluctuating group, but there is another textile enthusiast (who quite fancies a road-trip to Wingham) as well as the ebayer. Various other points of similarity amongst us as well. It may be that for some reason, all the oddballs have for once rolled in to the same corner. (And I do mean that in the nicest possible way!)

The Troll saga continues gently. I'm not going to go on at length about it here, I have started another blog where I can vent in peace about it - and document everything. If it ever comes to anything approaching resolution, I will share!

For now, will someone please give me the sun back!

gw

No comments: