Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Just before I go....

Much to my amazement, the DSM has managed to squeeze every last thing in to the car, including the pile of pegloomed rugs that I have been asked to take for a friend. They will make sure that the booth is full to busting and very colourful, which can't be bad! Quite what driving the car is going to be like, I don't know, but that may be his problem. (I can be so unfair when I try.)

Being me, I am feeling decidely squeamish about all this, but I got myself in to it, and it Will Be Fun.

Talking about getting myself in to things....next year is one of those birthdays, and I have decided to have a year-long celebration. And browsing the local rag on Friday, I saw the most amazing thing, perfect for getting me well in to the swing of things. At the end of March, there is a total eclipse of the sun, visible from Southern Turkey, and trips are being organised out one day, back the next. I booked this morning! Having never recovered from the experience of the one that was so conveniently in this country on my real and actual birthday a few years back, well, this seemed meant. I will worry about paying for it later!

And finally, the photo of the Victorian paisley silk shawl, with Freyalynn as crinoline. Too cute.

crinoline

gw

3 comments:

Charleen said...

You're really going to Turkey for one day? That won't give you much time for rug shopping!

Freyalyn said...

I refuse to admit that's me propping up Jeni's wotsit.

A year long celebration!! Sounds like a good idea.

Spindlers2 said...

Yes, I really am - we need to leave lots of time for California later in the year!
And yes it is so you (g)