Wednesday, June 29, 2005

More green beads

These are the last (for the time being!) I am moving on to other colours, all greened out. Well, apart, perhaps from the big green gobstoppers, but they aren't quite the same. The one on the left is the herringbone spiral that I started at the class I took a couple of weeks ago, that on the right a dutch spiral with a seed-crystal-seed trio for the outer beads. Nothing complicated, just - green....

more green beads

And if you look very carefully, you will see a liberal coating of cat hairs, as can be found on every other surface in this house, up to and including me.

And (I think that being told firmly never, ever to start a sentence with "and" at school doomed me that construction for ever more) it is a bloody COLD. Whichever kind person at Woolfest passed it on to me, may your little wooly socks rot on your feet! Actually, it does appear to be a faster than a speeding bullet summer variety of the same, and should be barely noticeable by Saturday evening for the pre-nuptual partification, not to mention the ceremony itself on Sunday. Why are so many marriages these days on Sundays? Seems odd to me.

I am to some extent envious of people who either get married more than once, and therefore have more than one bash to enjoy; or who are religious and do the renewal of vows bit, ditto. I quite fancy doing the whole thing over again now that I am of mature years and could enjoy it properly. We did have a very nice silver wedding supper party, but not quite the same thing. Perhaps inspiration will strike before the fortieth....

Me, my cold and the DSM are going to an Arts Festival event tonight, a lecture, "Wesker on Wesker" Should be interesting. I have to admit to not having seen exactly many Wesker plays, but a bit of the old intellectual stimulation never did anyone any harm. At least I am not coughing or sneezing...drat, shouldn't have said that!

gw

No comments: