Friday, June 03, 2005

Gentle snoring may be heard

Well, not quite. I've got the matchsticks out again. For some reason, yesterday was a long and tiring day - I took H over to the BUPA hospital at Elland for an appointment about her back, and now have to do the chauffeur bit twice more, for an MRI and a followup. But I don't mind, she's in agony, and I'm only repaying what she did for me when I couldn't;t drive. anyhoo, after a thrilling bout of speed ironing before the DSM ran out of shirts, I did go to the coven meeting as I hadn't seen anyone for ages. It was at Freyalynn's - fine, got there ok, no probs, had a nice time poking my tongue out at her first attempts at tablet weaving. Feh. Some people are just too dam' talented (yes, I know, jealousy is an ugly thing....) But on the way back in the dark, I managed to lose my way three if not four times, and didn't get home until midnight, by which time I was of course, a pumpkin. Still, I am VERY pleased with myself, I didn't panic. Even when I had absolutely NO IDEA where I was, except that it was a lonely moorland road...What else are mobile phones for, eh, except that I didn't actually need to use mine. Maybe as a consequence, I had some deeply unpleasant dreams involving some ghastly plague from outer space, which thankfully, it transpired, I was immune to but this was not ascertained until the end of the lengthy dream sequence.....And then I had to get up early because the washing machine man was coming....

OK, let's have a picture to cheer ourselves up. Whilst on holiday, we went to the local offie, but were faced with a huge array of wines to choose from. We did ask for local stuff to narrow it down somewhat, but there was still a lot. Pete being the perfect gent that he is, absolutely insisted that half the choice should be mine - so I resorted to the Sara principle of wine selection:

(no subject)

Aren't they pretty? It worked, too - nice wines!

So, sue me, I haven't finished organising the photo - too many, too much time needed. I will get there one day. Things keep interrupting me. Like the Trollsaga. I can't resist a quick update - like yesterday's visit from the new boss-guy (oh, ha! Literally, his name is Guy!) promising action, yippee! And then this afternoon's visit from the Community Police Ossifer, such a sweetie (did I really say that???)dispensing sympathy and likewise promising action, albeit in a rather more watered down version. Still, even if they are only placating me, at least I now know who to run screaming to if I have to. Every little helps....

OK, to raise the tone, couple more pics.

This is the necklace I completed whilst away:

necklace

And a close-up

necklace(detail)

And this is the bracelet that I started, and finished this week. It is the same design from Beadwork that I did for my first ever bead piece (apart from the amulet bag kit) and liked so much, I vowed to repeat. I found the pretty green AB daggers at GJ in St Ives, just right for this. I love it, well, both pieces. Just wish there were more hours in the day. (The blue background is a woad-syed shawl from Bleu-de-Lectoure, by the way.)

(no subject)

Now - tea, I need tea.

gw

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ah, the *less than $10 and pretty label* school of wine buying! Glad it worked. A pox on the Troll. Did the tea help?

Anonymous said...

The necklace is bewteaful.
The shawl really has me foaming at the mouth. The colour is so full of light and emotion. Tell all about it. Still hot and very humid here. Went to hospital this AM for test and now just waiting. More on the trip and the coven please. Both have a great weekend. Cheers

Freyalyn said...

I'm so sorry you got lost on the way home - it's not fun, is it. Did the tea need some sort of alcoholic enhancement? I'm now officially up to my eyes in samples for Alston, but I've managed to finish the cream shawl.