Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm still around

But a bit occupied to be very chatty at the moment.

My knitting course at AH was super, nice people, excellent tutor and I learned a lot, some of which will surface here from time to time. I can finally, finally do an attached i-cord, which might not seem much to the knitwhizzes of this world, but is a Big Thing for me. And as a consequence, I realize I can now do an edging on a shawl and attach it at the same time. In fact, I came away with the warm feeling that I had actually known more than I thought I did all along. Which as well as learning a lot in three days adds up to a very satisfying time.

I played hookey on one afternoon and took my digital camera for a walk. The fact that I ended up in amongst a group from a digital photography class running at the same time got a tad confusing, but hell, I enjoyed myself. Herewith a selection, with no explanation as I personally feel that none is necessary and anyone else must lump it! (I'm in that sort of a mood....)

Impatiens

Sensory garden

Walled garden

Fallen fruit

Woodland walk

Tree trunk

I do seem to have this thing about tree trunks, but I don't think I am alone.

I have a visitor at the moment, and the DSM managed to take a day off in the week by virtue of working one weekend day whilst I was away. So we went to Otley and Ilkey, and spent time and money at Adelaide Walker, which was necessary! We have to decide on fibre for our classes next year. Yes, really. We will ignore the camel and silk that |I bought to go with the camel and silk I bought from them back in the summer and that I am spinning at the moment.

Then we went to Ilkley and book shopped and a few other things. Like I actually to my complete and utter amazement managed to get the two pairs of ankle boots that I needed! and that are so difficult to get with my weird feet. Then we were forced to both shop at and have tea at Betty's. Oh dear.

I should be doing another batch of catch up ironing. I should also be doing some sampling of yak and one or two other fibres for my next class. But what I actually want to do and probably will do is sit and finish the latest toe-up sock, because I now feel the need to move on to other things. After all, I do have my guest to consider......

No comments: