Sunday, September 03, 2006

A little of this, a little of that

The rain stops. (Told you I would be complaining about the weather again soon....)

We go out into the garden for a bit of a wander round, me with my camera in hand.

At this point, I was about to start putting in the photographs that I had taken and uploaded to Flickr. But for some reason, Flickr was having a conniption fit, and none had arrived there. Later on, two appeared, but it was too late then to do a blog post. This morning, I had three copies of another image - not what I had intended! So I went through the entire procedure again. Seems to have worked this time, so here we go.

First up, garden produce, looking a picture as well as good enough to eat. My fave chard - the rainbow variety - peas and beans.

Chard

Peas

Runner beans & birch tree

And a courgette flower, just because.

courgette flower

Some may think I am a tad weird, cataloguing our veggies, but for me, I am doing all at once several of the things I appreciate most in this life; being creative both by growing things, things that I can in turn prepare and cook, but also by photographing then and making visual art. (Have I said how much I love my new camera - a Samsung Digimax V700? Only scratching the surface of the possibilities so far.)

And lest you think I have abandoned all things textile - ta da. One shawl, badly in need of pressing, and one pair of finished socks, one sock in progress (although now completed!)

Noro shawl

socks&socks

We also went for a bit of a walk around. The river is running fairly fast, this is the weir just by the Blue Pig.

Weir

This next is the aforementioned fungus that proliferated all over my blog. The image is very slightly fuzzy - I used the digital zoom rather than the optical, and it shows. Interesting. Handsome, though.

yet another fungus

Finally - an experiment. Fingers crossed.



Hey, it worked!! How very, very cool. Wow - what can I do next? The possibilities, as they say, are endless! (OK, so it isn't the most exciting....but everyone has to start somewhere.)

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Wow! Great camera. Great pictures. Great veggies. Great knitting. What more can I say?