Friday, February 03, 2006

Timely remedies

I did feel a faint glimmer of hope this morning, when I desperately craved coffee instead of tea. The physical crap is waning. The mental sludge that this dear little virus leaves behind will, I fear, take longer to do battle with.

But I have had unexpected help! (I am even allowing myself a ! or two to celebrate.)

Back in the autumn when I couldn't go to SOAR, I organised myself a personal shopper. The dear soul, despite having quite a bit on her plate herself one way and another, did me proud, and today the box of goodies, by glorious serendipity just when I really needed it, pitched up on my doorstep.

SOAR market fibre

Fibre! Morgaine's special show mix, which looks really subdued and brown here, but is actually a very subtle and interesting red rock country colour, a mix of romeldale, silk, silk noil and tencel. The previous year's lot was a joy - I am very much looking forward to spinning this. The blues, purples, teals and red (oh, how well they know me) are Royale Hare, carefully selected by my shopper and Karen. These are not going in to my stash. These are therapy, and will be spun up immediately.

Phreadde's hooks etc

Then here we have a Forrester supported spindle, to replace one I have lost somewhere between here and Cornwall. I love his spindles, and these are particularly good. Another trip to Cornwall is in the offing, so, just in the nick of time....

Plus, oh, joy....no less than three of Phreadde Davis's fabulous crochet hooks, which are things of beauty and great to use. I especially love the dark purpley one that reminds me of dichroic glass. And a couple of dizzes, which for some reason of temporary (who am I kidding?) insanity, I think should really be "dizoi". Which somehow sounds vaguely Greek, which it is all to me, I merely failed five years torture of Latin, which surely would be "dizii"?

Look, I'm sorry - well, I'm not. But a little gentle hysteria and insanity is surely preferable to black despair? All this unseemly aquisitivenessity helps, as does lunacy. I realised this morning, as the sun failed to rise yet again, that I have complete justification for watching Australian soaps and CSI - it is the only way I get to see blue sky. Continuing therapy will be to drag the DSM out for a latte tomorrow at Mooch, which continues to be probably my favourite cafe from our wide, very wide, choice; and to get on with all the yummy spinning.

Couple of bead FOs soonish.....

And, hey, erstwhile personal shopper type person, if you are reading this, let me know how goes the day?

1 comment:

fibergal said...

I was sure the plural of diz was diz, but now have to bow to the more correct dizoi. Of course, it makes Much More Sense! Have fun with the hooks. P.