Monday, February 13, 2006

One of those annoying posts....

Despite having one and a bit green socks, nearly one Regia self-patterning sock and a well and truly stalled crochet jacket on the go, I have cast on the Polwarth and silk that is to be a reticule. It is flamin' gorgeous to knit with. I do so wish that I had bought loads of it despite the cost, it was fabulous to spin and now a joy to knit. I have not thus far dyed it, it is a lovely soft silvery beige colour and I think will be just fine as is.

The stalled crochet jacket is a puzzlement. It looks ok, the yarn is fine in double (single) crochet. But it is simply not inspiring me. I could just keep it to one side, or I could allow myself to own it as something that is never going to work out, and riiiip. I'll wait until we get back from Cornwall. I'm going to take all the little things, a spindle or two, of course, and my charka. I often take it to Cornwall, it is so transportable, and I can leave it set up to work on just whenever. In the stash busting exercise yesterday I found some lovely plummy dyed cotton that I had forgotten all about, and am intending to take that. I am so looking forward to it. I get to see the sea every day; often when we go at this time of year, the weather is great and we can picnic on the beach, all wrapped up in sweaters; and if it rains, the farm where we stay has a swimming pool, and swimming is one of the things I love to do. I don't crave millions and squillions of £££ and a life of luxury, but if a leprechaun ever gave me a wish, it would be for my own littswimminging pool. I don't hold my breath.

Now. Annoying. I really hate it when bloggers come over all arch and secretive. "I've got this great big whopping thing going on, but I can't tell you all about it just yet. Giggle."

Well, guess what, sweetie pies. Now that I have a dear little secret all of my very own, I've suddenly found it is quiirresistibleble. Something - for me - marginally exciting has happened, and I can't spill for a day or three. It is particularly frustrating as the DSM is away on business (in his suit, for heaven's sake, I sometimes forget that he (we) are grown up) so I can't rabbit on to him about it even. Ah, well. Not really all that earth shattering, but.....

Soon. Soon.

(PS. Blogger did one of its everlasting publishing glitches, and this post has some sweet little hiccups in it. Can't bear to change them, sorry.)

No comments: