Tuesday, February 21, 2006

So I am steadfastly ignoring the latest Bulky Club mailing from Lambspun, which has no less than THREE glorious mixes in it that I DO NOT NEED.

Several more bags are awaiting a trip to the tip. And, oh joy! I got to take a run out to Staples, my most favourite store of all time. Well, obviously, that isn't actually true, I'm not that barmy. But it is true that I do love stationery, and I absolutely adore plastic boxes large and small. The motley collection of boxes bags and baskets that were ranged along the gallery rail are now gone, and the half-quantity of contents allowed to remain are stowed in brand spanking new Really Useful Boxes and look a lot better. The rest of the room still looks like nothing on earth - just why does clearing out, tidying up actually create more chaos than it cures in the short term? Because I dunno.

In the process, I did discover a few forgotten treasures. I made these some years ago, and they had become silted up in the general stockpiling of things.

felt necklaces

I really can't remember when I made these, but they are kind of fun, and I might just resurrect them for the spring and summer.

I haven't got much recent activity. I have just cast on today the outer for the latest bag. I've threaded up the clear beads that I frequently use because they are slightly bigger than regular seed beads and move more easily on yarn. I'm doing it on needles a couple of sizes large than the inner (deliberately) and the fabric feels wonderful. And I continue to spin silk, which is always going to be a slow job on the Timbertops wheel. But looking quite good so far. The test is in the plying, of course, shows up all the deficiencies in the spinning - you can get away with murder with wool.

Which reminds me, and I will try it out and report back. I googled something the other day - sari silk, I think, but I really can't remember. And found myself looking at fairly few entries including one of my blog. Which was a surprise to say the least. But it did give ...

At this point, all sorts of weird things happened on my pc, so I am now feeling totally paranoid and probably won't attempt to reinstate much of my latest deathless prose. I had a lovely little rant all about avian flu, for one. However, the google game, in which I will attempt to include in the occasional post some combination of words that will show up in google relatively fast is too good to discard, although it will be done with caution and responsivbililty as I do not wish for any unforseen occurrences....I seem to remember putting something about it had to be a genuine subject for the blog, but topical/searchworthy. Hence avian flu and Turkey, involving my MIL and our upcoming fletting visit. but my brain has gone, and I think I need go hit the stash again. This is going so well!

No comments: