Sunday, December 18, 2005

Precious little fibre activity to report

Because of the season, I guess.

Decoration of the blog is proceeding...

wreath

I didn't make this. In fact, I imagine that they are imported from some place they shouldn't be and I am being an evil bitch buying one. But I think they are so pretty, and the birds eat the berries. (Presumably, they Iike foreign food)

Yesterday was the guild Christmas meeting and it was really nice, plenty of people there, good atmosphere, and an excellent Secret Santa exchange. Well, I would say that. Entirely by accident I managed to pick the contribution from the famous Freyalynn - I knew immediately I opened it from the style of work. And as it was a lovely little knitted and felted bag, and I love little bags, I am a very happy camper. I should have photographed it, but I haven't - maybe tomorrow.

What I have photographed is the cats. Nausea alert, look away now if besotted and goofy cats and cat owners offend. This posture is known as "toesy toasting" (barf). In other words, they sit with feet lower than bums, which they do anyway on all sorts of things, but in this instance, the feet are resting on a nice cosy hot radiator. Aww, sweet. If you happen to be besotted&etcs like the DSM an' me.

catpic

(Sorry about the flash-eye! "Removing redeye" didn't work - obviously, duh! So we are stuck with it.)

Not sure how much fibery stuff will be accomplished in the next few days, I have to fit in a hair cut, a Coven lunch, cleaning, baking, including the famous Wicken Fen veggie sausage sausage rolls and essential for every Christmas, more mince pies than usual as mama has requested some (she has obviously forgotten what my pastry is like), the last minute shopping-for-the-apocalypse, parcel wrapping and going to see Harry Potter which we haven't done yet. Oh, and finishing off the mater's scarf, should manage that this evening. So, the blog will get a bit more decorating and not much else.

Actually, I rather fancy doing a Christmas story like I used to do on Sheep Thrills, but I have no inspiration at the moment. But as I did have an inspiration to buy a bottle of Stone's Ginger Wine, and the advocaat is already in the cupboard, maybe that inspiration (hic) will strike. Midnight on Christmas Eve??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the ginger wine woold be a lovely place to start. It must be very descriptive as that's the only way I can enjoy it-well if it is Christmas perhaps a very wee dram won't hurt. You know what a sucker for ginger I am.
Nelix and Max look ready for the holiday. I've seen them like that and they are precious. Give them both extra bicky and a good rub from the evil woman.
Cheers
Happy Solstice and a very merry New Year.

Freyalyn said...

The wreaths apparently come from somewhere in Scandiwegia - I bought one in Leeds yesterday and asked. Sorry to miss Tuesday, but I'm still walking unsteadily and will be glad when not travelling to work. Have a super Christmas, kits and all.