Thursday, December 22, 2005

Look! We have come through

Or words to that effect. What I mean is, we have passed the solstice, and soon we shall start to see the difference, I can hardly wait. Even though this autumn/winter has probably been brighter than most recent ones, I have felt the dark cloaking me.

So, I should have wished us all "Happy Solstice" yesterday, but didn't. Please accept the offering today. Solstice is what I would prefer to celebrate as my mid-winter festival, it is the real one after all, but it is just so much easier to go with the flow and do the 25th along with everyone else. Although I do believe that in these happily hippy parts hereabouts, many and many a household locks itself in and does the Solstice for real. Maybe, another year, I could do both - now there's a plan!

A touch more blog-decorating.

wreath

And here too is the tree, the last time one will be seen dressed thusly, as too many baubles have bitten the dust, and the tinsel, my dear! Moth-eaten does not begin to describe. So next year, an entire new theme. Or something. I am tempted to say that I will make a complete set of beaded danglies - but I know myself better than that. No chance!

tree

OK, so the scarf is finished, the effing house has had a duster, mop, whatever flicked around it. I don't now have to cook on Christmas Day, we are Going Up The River, which should be fun. I shall shop and bake tomorrow. And then eschew all such for several days, I don't want to be domestic, I want to bead and to spin. Oh, and watch creaky old movies on telly. Ahem.

If I don't drop by again, have a happy crimble.

No comments: