Tuesday, August 09, 2005

This and that

I can't get properly started today. I had an early (routine) doctor's appointment, all well, came home, felt cheerful, pottered about. Then had a lunchtime hairdresser's appointment. (Ok-ish, the new cutter takes it too short. May have to talk to her about it.) Did a bit of shopping, came home, late lunch, knitted a bit. Just pottering, can't get purposeful

This is the knitting - the Opal sock. Jolly looking but undemanding, too much of this stuff would be like eating too much cake with fondant icing.

Opal sock

Cake? What does that remind me of? Ah, yes, the delicious one I made last week for the coven. Doesn't this look yummy....

Cake

I'm not saying that cake should be "healthy", perish the thought, but as things go this could be a lot harder on the system. No fat, just eggs, relatively small amount of sugar, no white flour, just semolina and ground almonds. And small amounts of those too. It is a little like a kind of meringue, goes in to the tin all whipped up and frothy, and amazingly more or less stays like it. Of course, the lashings of lemon curd and whipped cream are a tad on the self-indulgent side, but I was wondering what fresh raspberries and organic creme fraiche (Rachel's and sooo much nicer than the supermarket stuff)would be like. Especially if one macerated the rasps in some sort of alcohol...

Oh, drool.

Talking of drooling. These are not mine, but I wish they were. Little sweethearts, no?

Freyalynn's kittens

These are Freyalynn's new babies. If she was doing her own blog, I wouldn't post this, but....I have tried every blandishment to persuade her that I really, really should be their mother, but not surprisingly she is not having it. I wouldn't give them up, either. Luke and Leia. Great names, too.

Ah well. The afternoon is advancing. I think I shall abandon any pretence at doing anything like vacuuming or whatever, and just bead for a while.

Tomorrow is another day (when I might go to York, but that is another story!)

gw

No comments: