Saturday, August 27, 2005

Busy bees

Better than midges, anyway.

We have been bustling about doing good. Yesterday afternoon was the photoshoot (ahem) (and ahem to Neelix, too, who is typing alonqyuwg withnm dvmex. Dear little soul, excuse me while I give him the push....) As far as it goes, it went ok. Remains to be seen, of course, what the resulting happy snaps are actually like, but I did like the photographer and his style. What is more, I stood up to him, literally. The fashion these days is to have the party crawling around all over the floor, but fortunately he instructed D&P to do so first, and that gave me time to gather myself together and tell him that I was not doing that, no way. Not that I am incapable of doing that, just didn't want to. I knew for certain that it was not the right way to go, and I was right, he then used a step stool thingy which was comfortable and gave us lots of interesting positions without losing our dignity. But quite he insisted on having me at the front of the group in every single shot I really don't know, unless it was revenge? We shall see. Urk.

Today we ran errands, including a trip to a town we rarely visit because my mobile phone died and as it was pretty well brand spanking new, I wanted to deal with it mano a mano rather than by phone. Apart from the fact that they wouldn't just swap it for a new one there and then, and apart from having to freeze the DSM with one of my looks when he started coming the aggressive heavy macho type (yes, this does, very rarely thank goodness, happen, believe it) sorting it was fairly painless and they are going to post it to me rather than me having to go back and collect it - see what sweet reason will achieve!

Anyway, I had been wittering on about needing some retail therapy, which turned out somewhat differently from my intention - either the brass singing bowl or the copper saute pan - and ended up being a snappy linen cargo skirt and a very cool forest green suede jacket. What is it with all this forest green, eh? That plus lunch at Mooch, which is my favourite place to eat in HB goes a long way to restoring my good humour.

By the time I got back, it had not rained for many hours and the yarn is nearly dry. Looking at it, I realise that the reason for some of the splotchiness at least is that not all the sericin has been washed out. I just didn't pick up on it when washed it before dyeing, but this time the tell-tale smell was very strong.

Now, photos.
This is the multicoloured yarn that I have on the go, to be used as singles in yet another shawl. I am definitely switching to the browns, although keeping a lot of bright in there, so that is ok.



And this is the latest necklace, Not my usual style, again, but I really like it and it looks good on. Mostly stringing, but a little bit of coral stitching to salve my conscience. I am nearly at the end of the spiral for my mother - not sure where to go after that. So much choice - and with fibre stuff, too, ideas are starting to brew, which I am extremely relieved about.

So, to the ironing board. In a desperate attempt to beat the ever-growing mountain, I have done a deal with the DSM, whereby he does a little whilst he watches the last of the day's play at Trent Bridge, and then I will take over while he cooks supper. I tend to watch CSI whilst I iron, works a treat.

gw

No comments: