Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Squirrels in the attic

No, I was not intending to describe my mental condition. Mind you.... No, Pete went up into the roof yesterday, and came down with a handful of peanuts. (OK, so this post is getting weirder by the minute, but it is true, I tell you!) Now, a week or two ago, I had been sitting on the bed reading, when a small bomb went off in the roof, which is not really an attic, but a sort of box, with a floor and a light - we did have a real attic once in another house, but that is another story...) So, there was crashing and banging above my head, and I put it down to mice, the usual culprits. You can't live in the country, in a house that backs on to sloping woodland and not have mice, it's an impossibility, never mind however many cats you have. But it was a hefty old noise. Which I now believe not to have been mice after all but a squirrel, because as far as I know, mice don't stash nuts and squirrels do. The thing is, though, whilst I can imagine skinny little mice squeezing in between the roof slates, it is much harder to imagine squirrels doing it. And it is not that I mind them coming in, after all, they do have to live, too, but I don;t want a dam' great hole somewhere in the roof. Well, maybe it was a skinny little squirrel....?

I am trying to write a couple of proposals for workshops, but I keep getting help. This is not the most brilliant of photos, but this is Max launching himself at my person as I sit at the keyboard. Well, sort of, as of course here I do have a camera pointed at him, rather than doing any actual typing.

(no subject)

I am knitting on. And on. The damn shawl will be finished in a few days. It will look nice, yes it will. I am also attempting to bead an "art piece" as a present for my cousin and her husband. When I feel a little more certain of it, I will blog it. Back to the grind, enough diversion!

gw

No comments: