Thursday, March 10, 2005

I did it a-ffffin-gain!

I am such a dope! Having been carefully copying before hitting "publish" and all going well, today I forgot, and whammo!!! but I am woman, I am strong, and I am determined to post today, so there!

OK, enough with the exclamation marks. What I was posting about was this:

red beads

My bead "thing", intended as a gift for a cousin for her (their?) Ruby Wedding. Over which I am, as usual, having crises of confidence, that it is good enough, they will like it, is it appropriate. The usual stuff. I find so hard to judge my own work, particularly beading, to which I am so new. But this seemed something that felt right, I tried one which didn't and then this just sort of grew. Hey, organic - got to be good. I'm going to live with it for a couple of days and then see if the local framers can do what I want - a deepish box frame, very plain.

Now I need a new project. Plenty to choose from, ha di ha. But I dug out the little loom that I was given a couple of years ago, might just have a first try with that. Not tonight - that's the Coven, and an opportunity to do several more rows on The Shawl. Which may be finished sooner rather than later as some of the balls are getting rather little, and when one goes, I might throw in the towel.

Saw a squirrel running up the wall across the lane this morning, so they are waking up! Maybe it was the one who was responsible for the incursion in to my roof? Who knows. But I have a fondness for the little buggahs.

OK - copy.....

Oh - forgot to say, the "thing" is mounted on handmade silk paper, which works, I think, quite well.

gw

No comments: