Sunday, January 23, 2005

Busy, busy

York on Friday, first to visit Mama. It really isn't too bad just sitting and chatting, and I get to knit. It always seems so bizarre, I get the knitting out, socks at the moment in brightish rainbow multi, not actually dyed by me this time (spun from Royal Hare merino, I love Karen's stuff and always stock up at SOAR) Anyhow, nothing is ever said, no "what the ..." or "gosh that's nice/awful/whatever" Just never commented on. Weird. Still, she is as ok as can be expected, given that she is pretty lonely, all her friends left in Norfolk and no new ones in York. I'll be very good and go again soon, but first to Cornwall to visit ma-in-law.

So, spent the night with M&R prior to going on the beading course in Malton with M. The course was good, herringbone was not difficult, and it was fun just to spend a day beading, even if the place we were in was chilly in the extreme. Gave me the excuse to keep jumping up and down, just to stir the blood up a bit! So - now I have three beading projects on the go, the watch, the sweetie bag and now this herringbone rope, which I will finish, I quite like it. Not exactly as the tutor designed it, but, hey, creativity is good, right? I was very good and didn't buy too much, just a couple of little pots of beads, some pretty blue seed beads and a little purple mix (oh, so predictable!) And some little silver leaves, which I think will make an extremely nice delicate bracelet or necklace - oh, and a chunk of green stuff, well, two, one for me and one for Freyalynn. Well, it is green.......oops, forgot the pau shell pendant. None of it cost a lot....saving up for Cornwall, and then Harrogate at the end of March.

Spent chat time knitting on the - ahem - afghan. It is going to look quite nice, although probably not large enough to be dignified with the name. How about "lap rug"? Yes, that sounds better! However, it dawns on me that when it is done, I have to stop pratting about and do something for real. I have had an idea for a wedding present for L&M - a felted vessel. That needs to go on the drawing board. But then....aaargh. Terrifying.

Sorry to bring this up again, but the project for this week is to have another go at photographs. I will upload something to whatsitcalled - Photobucket (surely not??) and if that fails, set up a link to an AOL album. To spur me on, I have just taken a couple of shots of the amulet bag I made for Pennie - need to have a record, anyway. Surely this time....

gw

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Why, Granny Weatherwax!! So this is where you've gotten yourself off to. I've missed you, dearie, and I'm glad to be able to keep a bit of an eye on you this way.

Many hugs and happy new year to you and yours.