Monday, January 24, 2005

Blue sky!!

Well, there was this morning, anyways. It was such a lovely morning, very cold, quite a bit of frost and ice around, and this pretty sky. But by lunchtime, the cloud cover had descended again. However....they have shifted the position of the possible snow, so we might get some of the white stuff. I know I am such a child about it, but I still love snow. We seem to have had a bit more this year than some, but never to any real extent, just a light powdering. Maybe this time?

The house looked so dingy when I got back from York yesterday - I think in the main because M is a pretty fanatical housecleaner, not to mention having the bijou residence looking like something out of Homes&Gardens (except that there isn't one of the latter). The effect, though was to spur me on to cleaning something - the porch and kitchen, in fact. So now I feel all virtuous and am about to dive into some beading, having knitted for a while over lunch. (Last couple of mitred squares on the mini-afghan! Probably. Next step is to put all the triangles on to three sides, and to then see what yarn is left. But I think the end is nigh.....)

In between writing paragraphs of this, I am attempting to phone Timbertops to finalise the order for my wheel...I desperately need to get it all set up, so I know how much it is going to actually be and more importantly so that everything is in place to compensate for not going to SOAR (Sad, sad, sad.) It's a really good trade-off - oh, yes it is! But their number is constantly engaged. Ah, well, keep trying. Watch this space.

gw

2 comments:

Sara said...

aHA! So, now that I have found you, I can keep up with you and the DSM. I have missed your posts to ST, it's how I knew you were still Out There. I will bookmark you, and check back often, beware.
The Listener

Charleen said...

I found you! Well, actually I tracked you down from Sara's site.

I'm sorry you're not going to be at SOAR this year. I'm going to try my best to get there.