Sunday, December 12, 2004

Sometimes the universe takes against one.

Oh, nothing major. I'm really having a rant against credit card companies. OK, so I should have read the small print, and I should have remembered to pay the damn thing on time, but to just cut you off without letting you know doesn't seem fair to me. Now, why should I expect anything like a cccompany to be fair? They exist to make money out of all us suckers. But I just got miffed. No big deal, but......

And then, the DSM decided to be kind to me at five this am, and tenderly tried to cover me up with his dressing gown because I had thrown the duvet off again (I don't do that so much now, but last night it was mild, and I had had a hot hot water bottle, and....Anyway, I wasn't really asleep, and it tickled! I yelled three shades of blue murder, and then couldn't get off to sleep at all. So I lay there trying not to fume, getting more and more uncomfortable as one does, and finally stomped off downstairs at quarter to seven to read with a very large cup of tea.

I seem to have a number of try-outs on the go at the moment. I'm spinning some Optime on the Schacht - at least, I think that is what it is called. Very pretty, but I'm not totally convinced about it fibrewise. Then I have crocheted and knitted beaded bits all over the place because of doing samples for the AH class, one of which at least will grow up to be a bag. Oh, and that's funny! I was just chatting with a friend over a very much needed cup of coffee, and she for whatever reason asked about a bag I had been knitting a couple of weeks ago. I showed it to her - it's pretty, a remnant of pinkish polwarth from Rovings, with plain glass beads and a little tassel - and you could see that she was totally unconvinced about it. Couldn't see what it was for - really quite sad how some people are like that, you can't just do it because.

I rather think that the class on the Online Guild next month is on using up little bits and pieces, and looking at random, domino &etc knitting. Could be both useful and enjoyable - meanwhile, I'm experimenting with some domino squares, might have enough of a couple of blue/green oddments to do a little neck shawl.

Keeps me out of mischief.

gw

No comments: