Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Blow, blow thou winter wind....

What I thought was a continuous procession of military aircraft flying over has turned out to be the wind wuthering over the ridge, and fortunately not buffeting us too badly down here. But it has been very dark all day, and quite rainy. However - the snow is forecast again in the next few days, and by golly, I do hope it comes - even a little, like Monday is good for those of us of a childish bent.

Well, a funny day. Finally had the long-awaited hospital appointment. Remembering the last time, I allowed half an hour travel time, and half an hour to find a parking slot. So, I got there in twenty minutes, and immediately some kind young woman was leaving and gave me not only her space, but her ticket as well. Fortunately I had taken a book, so sat in the car for a while before going in - way too depressing a place to linger in - and then got my spindle out in the waiting room. Today seemingly was Asian grandmothers day, and they were all quite fascinated to see me sit there spinning lace weight Falklands top on a lightweight Greensleeves spindle. I do so like to provide entertainment in these places!

Anyway, it was all a complete waste of time (fortunately), all was well, and they don't want me back again, which was what I was going to say only they said it first. Well, huzzah.

As I was over in Halifax, it seemed sensible to do the supermarket run on the same trip. No clotted cream!!!! But at least I don't have to do much more shopping. There was extremely cheesy Xmas music playing all the time I was in there, and it sounded so odd - I am untouched by Christmas spirit. But not by holiday spirit - is there hope for me at last? I have relatively calmly worked through the "to-do" lists, got all the food organised, some social events, and am really looking forward to a few festive days. But can it be that at last I am not trying to recreate something unrecreatable, but doing my own thing? I really think so. I am apparently happy this year at least to take the bits I want, discard the crap, do some new bits....this could be fun. Still want presents, though...hope there is some fibre out there with my name on it.

So now I have two days to do whatever cleaning I am going to do (ain't gonna be much, that's for sure), bake a mince pie or two, see the Coven on Thursday and Heather on Friday morning. Maybe do a little beading, I'm trying to get right back in to that. Whatever.

And make a New Year's revolutions list. Oh, yeah!!

gw

No comments: