Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Guess what! It's raining!

And that is positively all I am going to say on the subject.

Now, who knew?

croc boots

CROCS MAKE BOOTS!

Oh, calloo, callay. My insteps and calves make regular wellies a problematic fit, mostly. I can hardly ever get any, and at the moment am reduced to wellie feet, which whilst good for gardening are not much use for tramping about around here in the wet. Friday, I saw these in Ruby Shoesday, today I went back. The last pair in my size, and a brilliant fit.

I am deliriously happy. I can be pleased by little things.

This is a good thing.

Now. Yarn.

pink AF yarns

Nice enough, but I'm not totally happy with the quality of the spinning. The top was very slightly compacted from the dyeing, or possibly storing, and I didn't pay sufficient attention to the spinning. Ah, well, I think I know what I am going to do with it, so that is something.

Then these, the shrug yarns. What looks purplish on my monitor is actually dark brown.

SV101564

And now, she realises, having lost what I thought was this photo somewhere whilst filing it, retrieving it rather cleverly from my Recycle Bin...only, I've grabbed slightly the wrong one, it should be turned around. Not to worry. No biggie.

I'm even thinking about picking up pencil and paper and attempting a design for this, instead of using one of the patterns I have queued on Ravelry. Maybe. Or not.

And finally, the first FO of the year.

cashmere fingerless

The cashmere and silk fingerless mitts to go with the previously finished scarf. Now to decide what colour to dye them. I have no idea at all. Perhaps I need to go and see what dyes I have - I may even have some Lanaset hanging around somewhere - and see what nice shade I can come up with.

I still think it qualifies as a FO, though.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ah, color, that's easy: The scarf and mitts should be dyed to wear with the boots.

Choices? Reds, yellows, oranges, blues maybe even green, if you must.

See? no brainer.

:)

Leigh said...

Great mitts. Very yummy in cashmere and silk. Glad to hear about the croc boots too. I need some of those!