Friday, December 15, 2006

I should be asleep.......

But I ain't.

As is sometimes the case when I have been out for the evening, I get into bed, read a bit, talk to the DSM a bit, settle down.....and am immediately wide awake with no hope whatever of dropping off in the next hour or three.

So I have been browsing around on the internet for a while, but that isn't working. I could sit and spin or knit or even crochet, as a huge pile of mohair given me by a friend is begging me to turn it into a throw. But as a one-time-inveterate night owl, I am afraid that if I get immersed in something, I will never get to sleep, well, not before three in the am, anyway. And as I have to be up and doing and out tomorrow, albeit gallivanting to an exhibition with a friend, That Will Not Do.

I could try to blame it on Freyalynn's luscious offering at Coven this evening, a confection of very nearly fatless sponge, spiced apple butter and cream in the layers, cream on the outside and then a thick sprinkling of toasted almonds. But that wouldn't be fair.

I could try to blame it on the unspeakable weather today, dark, dark, dark, and wet, wet, wet and very conducive of a fit of the melancholy. That would be fair, but maybe not accurate.

Oh buggrit. Just when I have another hectic two or three days upcoming. Even though (mostly) enjoyable. As I said, out tomorrow, out at Guild on Saturday, including the Secret Santa for which I have completed an item!

(Oh, I have also, finally, completed those dam' Regia socks. I feel totally liberated. Now I plan the holiday/travelling collection, which should be yak wristwarmers if I can get the yak spun and dried, a new pair of socks, and a spindle.)

Sunday we go to York to pay the mater her Christmas visit. I have got her perfume, as she requested, and it is lovely, definitely one she will like. But I am not sure how she will cope with the name - Dior's "Pure Poison".

At some point in all that, I must, must write our Christmas cards, otherwise they won't get anywhere before next year. Harrumph. Maybe that's what I should be doing now.......

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I have this problem a lot. If you every figure it out.................