Wednesday, June 28, 2006

wotthehell, archie, wotthehell

No, I am not supposed to be here, doing this. But in point of fact, pretty much everything is done. The car is packed, the iPod is sorted. (Why do they sometimes not load properly, tell me that? Most irritating.)

First - a tasty supper. My challenge, and I had no option but to accept it, was to make supper from the most perishable items in the organic veggie box. On my way back from a trip to Staples (I had to buy a new box for packing spindles in, 'kay?) I stopped off at Tesco and bought some of their roasted salmon bits for my lunch tomorrow. They ended up in my latest pasta creation, which ran as follows: two left-over red scallions from last week, some chestnut mushrooms, some broad beans, the salmon, mixed herbs and a dash of sherry. Plus cheese on top, with wholewheat shells. O Yum.

A strange day. Tree work being done outside - we have overhead power lines to the houses in this little enclave, and the trees grow up and through them. From time to time, trimming goes on, and we are without power for an entire day. Kinda limits what I can do, which mostly is a nice thing, but could have been awkward today. Still, I managed.

And found time to stare for long ages out of the window. At the young man swinging from his harness through the trees, entwining his long legs around the next branch he needed to be on. A veritable Tarzan de nos jours. Unbelievably - let us be honest - interesting.

O Yum.

There's life in the old dame yet......

1 comment:

April said...

Ok....First...can you come cook for me too?!!! Or can I come over? Heck, I'll take left-overs. lol. Second....the view...ah! WONDERFUL!