Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Our postman only rings once

And when he does, I usually lean out of the bathroom window and shock him half to death. No, never fear, I am always decent. I just am nearly always upstairs at that time of the morning, and it is quicker to lean out and yell than to gallop downstairs at great risk to life and limb as it always means hurdling over several cats. Only two, of course, but they always seem like hundreds when they are swarming down the stairs just where your feet want to go. Especially as we have no staircarpet because previous generations of felines took out one stepsworth of carpet, then the next, then the next and so on.

Where was I? Ah, yes, postman. Such a nice man. He brought me several goodies this morning. Two dichroic pendants I risked buying from ebay, which turn out to be very nice. Oh dear.

Then, a boxful of Bosworth midi spindles, beauties, gorgeous woods all glowing and warm on an exceedingly grey, wet and unpleasant day. We had completely sold out at Christmas, a nice surprise, so it was good to get this lot so quickly.

Oh, but best of all was the last box. Sara's decluttering has lighted up my morning with a vengeance! A boxful of glittery goodness, all sorts of seed beads, delicas, few other bits and bobs. I am going to have a really good time with these and I am more than grateful.

I went to lunch in Leeds yesterday with most of the Coven to say farewell to the Antipodean member, who is back off home on Thursday. She did say she wouldn't be that sorry, as we stood on the miserable grey street, strewn with litter, under a miserable grey sky. Well, I can understand that. I think even I could put up with 40C if I got to see the sun a bit - for a while anyway! We also went to Yum Yum Beads, which I had heard about but never visited and probably won't again unless I am literally passing right by the door when any bead shop is worth checking out! When I say that I bought only one item over what I had gone in there to look for...well, I need say no more, eh?

Other than that - I am plying. Well, spinning for plying, which is what we are going to be doing at AH on Friday. That should be good, nice and basic, but a lot to cover, just what I like. I need to find out if the residential is going to happen - I am in two minds about it. I would love the experience, and let us be honest, the money wouldn't come amiss, but if it is only a small group of six, it is going to be a killer - so intensive. But we shall see.

And other other than that, I am still persevering with the new mouse that the DSM brought in from work for me to try when the previous one got very, very very sick and I nearly threw it through the monitor. It is one of those with a ball that the thumb turns and a dial in the middle for scrolling. It is quite nice, I think, but is taking a bit of getting used to, especially highlighting for selecting. I'll keep at it a while longer - it is ok for pc stuff, but writing, Word stuff might be a different matter.

I'm going to let myself go gloat over beads......

No comments: