Thursday, January 05, 2006

One of those

I think I beat it down. I think I have survived. The first sip of coffee passed my lips at 12.30 when I got back from shopping in town (aaarrrgh!!!) and I think all shall be well.

I am well aware that this sounds madder than usual. I don't care.

For some time, I have been afflicted with unpleasant dreams not long before I wake in the mornings, which mean that I wake up weighed down by a sense of impending doom, anxiety, whatever, that can be very hard to break through. I used to think that this was My Fault (well, isn't everything?). Then I read somewhere reasonably authoritative that cortisol (?) levels can be very high in the early morning, and that some people report dreams as I have experienced. This helped a lot, I can now regard this as a physical thing akin, say, to stiffness, that I can deal with by taking the appropriate action. But it gets tiring though...

This morning, I had, as they say, a doozy. Several sections to it, each with its own different anxieties that finally all linked together. And touching me somewhere - well, very deep. I can still feel it - but it is going.

In fact, the last few hours have been chock full of minor irritations. Last thing last night, I realised that the front of the crochet jacket that I had started yesterday and had been motoring on with was all wrong. Because I hadn't written down that I had started with more stitches than the pattern said for the back and needed to for the fronts as well.

Bugger.

All my own fault, which only makes it worse. Rrriipp.

Then, just before settling down, I remembered something that I should have done days ago, and hadn't...next up, the wrong magazine arriving in the post, needing to be dealt with, and my order of delicas for a project arriving and the blues not being quite distinct enough for my purpose. All very small things, but you know what they say about camels and straws.....I could hear the bones creaking.

We won't even talk about the trip in to town. Our local council has lost its collective - well, what passes for a mind. They have removed lots of parking spaces, taken to charging exorbitant rates for them, more places are to go, and I suspect that the end result is going to be a large, inconveniently placed multi=story in what is little more than a mill village. Much as I agree with supporting local shops, this is getting harder and harder....

I am going to stop whingeing now. Hopefully, I have got it off my chest, and I have the Coven to look forward to tonight. Not to mention restarting the jacket front and maybe doing some beading! (See, the coffee is working!!) Before I stop, though.....

I haven't paid much attention before, but it is coming up to Bloggie voting time. And this year, there is a Craft section. No, of course I don;t mean mine, get real! Whingeing doesn't count. But I can think of one or two that could really be contenders. So, I'm off to vote.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hiya, just come by via Midsummer Nights.
I don't know if this will help at all but if I have one of those deeply unsettling dreams which hang over me, I lie down again and try to get back into the mind set of the dream again. I call up all the details I can remember and if I feel scared/ guilty/ inadequate/ whatever again I just go with it.
THEN I change the outcome of the dream. I change the ending of the dream/ daydream to a more palatable one or give it a conclusion if it was just left hanging because I woke up midway through the first one. Then it allows me to let go of the feeling which was bringing me down.
Hope I'm not rambling here.
All the best, Kathleen