Sunday, April 10, 2005

Sunday lunch

Sunday lunch with friends is always likely to be good. This one was to celebrate the very nearly 60th birthday of my second oldest (by which I mean the length of time for which I have known her) friend. This gathered together several of her long-time chums all of whom I have known and loved to a greater or lesser extent for quite a while as well. Several of them have been battered rather more than it seems reasonable for life to batter anyone, and so it was nice to see them standing and looking the world in the eye. All together, a good day, a good feeling.

So, thus far, no - or rather very little - fibre or beads passing through my hands. I'll get to something restorative in a while. But at the moment, I need a strong cup of tea and a sit down. Quite apart from meandering down the back roads of my earlier life, I've seen the future and it makes me feel old and rheumaticky (g)

Take a gander at this. (It can be a little temperamental loading. If it doesn't work at all, can someone let me know, please?) OK, so for a start, I've never seen an address like that before, so that marks me down as a wrinkly old loser for sure. Now, I'm going to say upfront, Alice is my niece, she is a grand lass, and I have great respect for her talent, especially her talent for taking the piss. Quite right too!

Added to that, this is where she is about to have work exhibited. Now, that's a splendid idea, why should some poncy gallery get all the good stuff?

To continue: this definitely makes me feel ancient! But the web address came attached to the email telling me about the exhibition, because one of the band members is her fella. Mind you, the "tesco" part of the addy rather lets down the vaguely Satanic nature of the thing - or does it? The problem is, though, how do I manage to persuade the DSM that we should go incognito to one of their gigs? I reckon if we wear black clothes and dark glasses, we might get away with it........

Let me return this to something more approaching normal programming...... One of the books that I bought yesterday was this
Golly, if that link works, it will be a miracle! Anyhoo, I'm quite impressed with this book - ok, so it is something of the beading equivalent of the Jo Verso cross stitch books, but really, none the worse for that, and very nicely done.

I was going to include a photo of the little bead thing I have done for The birthday card, but I can't get a shot that isn't fuzzy, so I will wait until tomorrow, or whenever. I'm going to take my ageing carcase in search of gin!

gw

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Your nieces stuff is amazing, the webdesign, and the actual designs. I'll have to try to get to the exhibition.
Glad to see you've got to grips with the links too.

Anonymous said...

Found your blog recently and am really chuffed to be catching up on GW's antics again.

I really liked your niece's website.

Congratulations on the carder- i have been hankering after a Patrick Green for ages.