Friday, April 15, 2005

One cup good, two cups better

Of tea, that is. I'm halfway down the second (very large) cup, and can feel the rehydration. That's the problem - I have been teaching today, and couple talking, dashing around, a slightly over-warm room and not drinking enough....get the picture?

There is a debate going on elsewhere on the net about spinners versus weavers. Well, I don't really mean as in textile rugby, or tag wrestling, but as in a lot of spinners I know feel that some weavers regard them as second class citizens. It's a really good debate, but I can't put in a link to it as it's a private list. However, I ran it past my class, and the response was a huge roar of "YES", quite heartfelt it was. So my perception that people still thought like that is right (it doesn't mean that weavers really do &etc, but that some spinners think they do, if you see what I mean.)

Now, if that last sounded less coherent than usual, its because I was interrupted in my ramblings by a phone call - my Timbertops wheel is going to be ready in a couple of weeks! That is much sooner than I had expected, and - well, YIPPEE!!! Now to break the news to the DSM that we have to make yet another road-trip....

Today is obviously my day - one of the participants in my class brought with her huge sackfuls of the most luscious alpaca fleece. A friend of hers owns these beasts, and apparently they are her babies, they get shampooed, and the best of everything. Lovely silky fibre, good staple length, fabulous colours. Please excuse the drooling. Thus far, I have some soft pale beige, and some silver to mid grey. But I brought two huge sackfuls home with me to take to Guild tomorrow, and I can see some more even paler beige in the top of one, and who knows what may lurk beneath....I deserve this, I really do!

gw

No comments: