Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Plodding along.

Which is what I do when I have had yet another less than perfect night. Grr. Is it my age?? The three snoring creatures I share my bed with?? (There are four of us at it, but I don't hear myself, do I?) It could well be the relatively new dammit mattress. But last night, it was probably me talking about aforementioned RNDM with the DSM, and me daring to suggest that we might have to spend some serious money and his reaction to that and........

But I wouldn't have done much creative fibre or other work today anyway, as I have a class to teach on Friday, and fairly little clue as to what to say about tencel and ramie, other than here they are, this is how they are made/grown/look, nice, aren't they?

Jaded? Moi?

It will be ok. I will take along a handful of lovely spindles as well (secondary subject) and I can get very enthusiastic and lyrical about them, so all will be well. I need to talk about the programme for the next few months too, plus I can spend a decent amount of time with the one or two less experienced people who I know will be there. I always obsess about it and it is always ok if not damn fine. What an idiot!

This:
(no subject)
is supposed to be forming a birthday card for the friend turning sixty, but I cocked it up. I thought I had lots of aperture cards, found out at the weekend that I didn't, hastily ordered some from an eBay shop, thinking that they would go into the post on Monday and be here...and it hasn't happened. So, I use one that is a little too large, and get the placement wrong, so It Won't Do. Fortunately, I will be able to salvage the beadwork to go in to a smaller card - could send it to M as a belated, I guess, or see what my lady mother makes of it.

I was sad to see that to the names of the great and famous who have died lately we must add that of Andrea Dworkin. I can't claim to have read much of her work, and I can see why she attracted the vilification that she did - she told the world things that it really did not want to hear, in a way guaranteed to make it listen briefly and make it tear her to shreds. But I had admiration for her, for her intelligence and her bravery. Make of that what you will.

gw

No comments: