Friday, April 29, 2005

Butter wouldn't melt.......

Now.

butter wouldn't melt


But we didn't 'alf 'ave fun in the night. Why was only she there? What had happened to him And to make sure that I was really there, the game was to wake me up by jumping on to my bedside cabinet and knocking various items on to the floor - noisily - to wake me up.

But I love them really. Despite last night's shenanigans, and despite this being hunting season with a vengeance! I even did what I absolutely never ever do and let out a gawdalmighty yell the other evening, but anyone would if they thought as I did that the creature seemingly running directly at me across the floor (brought in by maelstrom of cat that had just entered the room) was a rat and not what it actually was - a bluetit. And there is an endless stream of ex baby rabbits, or parts thereof. Little buggers. The cats, not the rabbits. The trouble is, I am secretly proud of them because they defy the notion of soppy siamese too effete to left a paw except to scoop up caviar. Just how wrong can people be......

And where was himself? Out on someone's leaving do jolly in Blackpool, and given that the festivities revolved around beer and curry, I was, shall we say, not sorry that he wasn't coming home.

Progress report: the silk that went in to a madder dye pot is probably the worst so far (since the first effort! I am definitely finding the bricks harder to scour, I shan't do any more but concentrate on tops. The colour is not as intense as I had wanted either. Now I have to decide whether to put it in for another go or not.

Freyalynn's orange yarn is being knitted and it is not falling apart. It looks ok so far.

And - tomorrow we go on a road trip to Melton Mowbray........

gw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of the boys. They surely need a lot of rest from their rambles and gift giving.
And poor Pete being maligned just for having a night out with the boys. Perhaps if we scheduled a night out for the girls they would see the 'error of their ways'.
I can just imagine what you are going to Melton Mowbray for. Three cheers for the Leichster (ignore the spelling for now. Have you decided what the first thing you are going to spin on it? Give Anne and James my love.
I'd put the silk back in the madder pot again fwiw.
Have a great weekend.
me